Tuesday, October 18, 2011

India in photos - Mahabalipuram July 2011

Our first adventure after arrival in Chennai was a weekend at Ideal Beach Resort in July 2011. My loving husband renamed it Adequate Beach Resort, because...well it was adequate if nothing else. Luckily adequate beach was close to the Shore Temple, stonemasons, and other sites. I posted some of the pictures below:

If Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NY came to South Asia - this is it.
For some reason this complex was never consecrated

Shore Temple - the only one that survived the tsunami in 2004 - truly spectacular
Stonemasons in this town do pretty amazing work
This is the most lifelike depiction of an elephant
Ice cream and source!
I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but the reason there is a flood of photo posts is because I figured out how to post photos on my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment